What I miss the most about London is the smell of rain. Both Heathrow and Gatwick are surrounded by fields and when you land you can smell wet grass. New York is completely different. To me, it smells like food, there’s lots of it everywhere. And Paris is a different world. More than a scent, I associate it with something more visual. It’s pure energy. I love getting lost in its streets.”
Once you see this you have to say 5 nice things about yourself publicly and then send it to 10 of your favourite followers. Thinking good thoughts about yourself is hard but it will make you feel better so give it a go! :)
i’ve ignored messages like this before bc my instant reaction is just “there’s good things about me?” but i’ve been in a really bad place lately so why not l o l
- the thing i like most about myself is my creativity so yeah thats good. i like writing short stories, i go into way too much detail but you can learn everything about a person from what their favorite books and places are, what clothes they wear, how they carry a conversation. i people watch too much
- i’m good at listening. god damn you could read me a russian novel of your problems and i would be by your side the whole time
- i don’t talk just to talk, i only speak up when i feel like i have something to add to the conversation which is something i imagine most people don’t like about me because i’m really fucking quiet as a result. but i just really hate people who talk just to talk or talk to hear their ideas without hearing anyone else’s because it’s empty and inconsiderate so
- i have depression and horrible anxiety and i don’t give myself enough credit for never giving up, for always getting out of bed, for always at least trying. so i guess i like my resilience maybe. i’ve been feeling really horribly lonely lately but there’s worse things to be than that~
- i like doing small stuff for my friends and roommates and family like leaving notes for them in the morning that say have a good day or doing their dishes if they’re in class and have a busy day so they don’t have to do them when they get home or getting them something at the store if i see something they like because life is hard and i feel like tiny things make life feel better, if only for a moment
damn i kind of do feel better. thank you friend
- This place is like somebody’s memory of a town, and the memory is fading. It’s like there was never anything here but jungle.
- Stop saying shit like that. It’s unprofessional.
She’s Lost Control // Joy Division
"I’ve had so many crappy jobs in my life. I loaded trucks downtown — coal dust, dirt, everywhere. Every orifice. People yelling at you, ‘Cranston! Move faster, work harder!’ And the only thing that got me through was imagining, dreaming, that one day I could actually make a living as an actor, and that’s what got me through, thank god. We are the luckiest people in the world, those who can say, ‘I am an actor.’"Happy 58th Birthday, Bryan Lee Cranston (March 7, 1956)
i open at the close
curious how matthew mcconaughey got up in that stage within a year or two while it took chiwetel 18 years of tremendous and brilliant work to even be in the very same room for the first time